音乐 行业中的应用: blocks the path between fans and the talent in order to monetize it. If a band wishes to get discovered, the industry continues to try and own the production, the airplay, the distribution, and even the sponsors who can make a concert tour happen. If you're a talented and hard-working band, there's probably nothing more frustrating than trying to get discovered in the industry. No wonder why so many are abandoning the demo CD and simply moving to social media to generate demand and grow their fan-base. There's a better chance they can be successful without the industry.
- 软件即服务正在替换可安装的软件。 它可以在功能更强大的服务器上运行，并且更易于管理和分发。
当音乐产业适应的机会来临时，他们选择了战斗。 这简直就是厄运……攻击那些为下一场音乐会或CD节省了最后钱的球迷。 业界没有找到一种更有效的方法来查找和分发音乐给粉丝，并将粉丝连接到他们最喜欢的乐队，而是试图止血，延长利润。
通过以上所有示例，这些行业中选定的领导者忽略了打破障碍的机会。 当我在报纸行业工作时，我们都看着Ebay和Craigslist退出了分类广告。 媒体大佬们没有投资40％的利润率，而是选择了丰厚的薪水。
- 火车不再是私人运营的，而依靠政府的帮助来使用。 同时，政府投资于更宽的道路和更大的桥梁……从而使继续驾驶我们的汽车变得更加容易。
- USPS推出了其在线服务，收取月租费，并且在您自己的打印机上打印邮票的费用相同。 不容易……有点愚蠢。
- Retailers now lobby for the taxation of online commerce to make things ‘fair'… even though they're the ones that cost us money for intersections, road development around shopping malls, and take advantage of local police and emergency service. Instead of making their goods more easily distributed online, they're fighting to protect their turf.
- Journalists continue to abandon the value they bring and are now just TMZ outlets with link-bait titles and smothered with tons of advertising. While consumers purchase more and more relevant content, newspapers continue to centralize operations and distribute mass-produced content that's less relevant.
- Hard-lined phones continue to bundle services, discount to acquire then raise prices, and haven't updated their networks nor technology. We're simply turning them off and using our mobile phones now for everything.
- 可安装软件正被较小，功能较弱的移动和云应用程序所代替。 同样，老公司没有对利润进行再投资，而是施加了更大的销售压力。 但是，不可避免的事情会发生。
The acceleration of technology continues to help with this. Just within the music industry, I've been amazed at applications like 班森镇, 猎犬, 混响国度 和 Spotify. Combined with Twitter, Facebook and Youtube – I can discover, find, watch, follow and be alerted when the music I like is coming to town. And most of these applications don't cost a dime. The best part is that I can go see the band and spend my money on great tickets and merchandise… which often benefits the band much more than selling a CD!
If you want your business to not just survive, but flourish, you have to remove the road blocks between the customers you serve and the results they're trying to achieve. Whether you're a marketing technology that lacks the features, or you're a business that is watching the competition taking market share. It's not always about the expense… many people will pay more when they know they can do things faster and easier. If they can't do it with you, they'll do it with someone else.